April 6, 2022Health Information
Hurrah! It’s World Physical Activity Day!
Get physically active and fight against sedentary behaviour!
Health benefits of regular physical activity include:
- Strengthens the heart, muscles and bones.
- Prevents heart disease, stroke, obesity, diabetes, dementia, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome and some cancers (colon and breast cancer).
- Recommended in the treatment of stroke, diabetes, some cancers, low back pain, arthritis, neck pain and a whole lot of other health conditions.
- Boosts brain power
- Sharpens memory
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Boosts sleep quality
- Reduces the risk of depression
- Alleviates anxiety
- Boosts self-confidence
- Improves cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness
- Helps to control weight
- Makes you feel good about yourself
Talk to a licenced physiotherapist about your physical activity goals and tips and ideas on how to meet World Health Organisation’s Physical Activity Guidelines for adults.