World Health Day 2022
Globally, an individual’s Health may be affected by:
- Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) such as heart diseases, cancer etc.
- COVID-19 pandemic
It is important to know that:
- Wildfires lead to injury or death from suffocation, inhalation injury, burns or mental ill-health from Wildfire-related trauma and so on.
- Floods can cause food poisoning leading to illness from infectious diseases, displacement, shortages of safe water, disruption to health care services etc.
- Exposure to extreme heat causes headaches, vomiting, confusion, tiredness or heatstroke leading to organ failure, hospitalizations, death etc
- Tobacco is a killer (causes cancer etc) and a polluter.
To keep ourselves and our planet healthy, we need to do the following:
- Exercise regularly by walking or pedalling to work at least once in a week or by choosing public transport.
- Change to a renewable energy provider; do not heat your rooms over 21.5 degrees Celsius; turn off the light when not in the room.
- Buy your fresh groceries from local producers and avoid highly processed foods and beverages.
- Stop consuming tobacco.
- Buy less plastic; use recyclable grocery bags.
- Avoid fatty, salty, sugary meals/drinks
- Stop burning fossil fuels like oil, coal and natural gas
TAKE ACTION TODAY! 🎬
Source: World Health Organisation 🌎