What is Dementia?
June 9, 2022Health Information
- Dementia is a term used to describe different brain disorders that affect memory, thinking, behaviour and emotion.
- Early symptoms can include memory loss, difficulty performing familiar tasks, problems with language and changes in personality.
- There is currently no cure for dementia, but a range of support is available for people with dementia and their carers.
- Dementia knows no social, economic, or ethnic boundaries.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia. Other causes include fronto-temporal dementia, vascular disease and dementia with Lewy bodies.
Source: Alzheimer’s Disease International